Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Daily Prophet, Issue 2

Almost Halfway there!
We are in the second day of sign ups and we are already almost halfway filled. Currently there are 42 swappers signed up and the max is 100, so there is still plenty of room. Previous swaps have only maxed out at around 56, but we've already almost reached that and we're only in the second day so this is good :)

Duplicate Names
A few of you have duplicate names. At the moment I want to say that is okay, but if you want to change your name please feel free to do so. Those that have a character blog in their name, though get first dibs. If you do decide to change your name you don't have to make a drastic change. One or two letters could change your name quite a bit. Just something to think about.

Blog Posting
Once the swap begins you'll be allowed to post to this blog to post little teasers, House encouragement, and to post 'thanks' once you receive your package. To be able to post in character an invitation to join the blog will be sent to your secret email address. I'm not entirely certain, but you might have to have a blogger id in order to join the blog.

Prophet Update . . .
I was checking over the character blogs and noticed a nice little tutorial on how to hot link the images on your blog by Miss Mandy Finch-Fletchley. Be sure to stop by if you have questions about that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I got the confirming email, but I haven't seen my name on the sidebar yet. Is everything okay?

Perpetua Phoenixfire said...

My name is on the list, but no confirmation email yet. I noticed that someone in another house hase the same name as I do. I already set up my gmail, but I might be able to change the name a bit. Do I need to?

Unknown said...

Only the second day and already almost 1/2 full. That's wonderful! This already such fun, I can't wait to see what the next few months brings. :) And all the character blogs are great!!! Some very talented people here...I'm honored to be among you. :)

Winnie said...

Emma, you are in my database, but not on the site. I'll add you now. Sorry about that, m'dear.

Anonymous said...

My name is also on the list, and I haven't gotten the confirmation email yet either. Someone else had the same name as me (I was Bernadette Von Bulge), so I changed my name~ I sent an email from my new email address about the change, so I hope I didn't confuse people too much. :P

Cliodna Trelawney said...

Almost full on day 2 is great. Maybe we will have the full 100 this term. I'm already becoming impatient to get started. I will have to find something to keep my hands and mind busy.

My name is on the list but I didn't get a confirmation email either.

The tutorial for hot linking pics is great. I urge anyone who is having trouble with the photos to stop by Miss Mandy's blog.

Winnie said...

I'm sending confirmation emails once a day, so if your name got added today then you'll get your confirmation email tonight.

Petunia Acromantula said...

Miss Mandy is a genius. I finally got the logo/link to work on my blog. Phew!

Fleur Crockford said...

Oh, I'm excited! And there are so many HP themed things available to add to the box!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ravenclaws have been doing lots of research so we're ready to do our homework!

Emma Wigworthy said...

I've also learned loads about how to customise blogs. Can't quite believe how much I've already achieved with my first ever swap, even before we start it. Thank you my Hogwarts friends for inspiring me to take my Ravenclaw creativity in new directions. :)

Fleur Crockford said...

I've just posted another tutorial on how to make pictures into buttons. It is Here