You will be swapping a sock kit which will which should total an approximate $30 to $40 and include these items:
1. A handmade (by you!) kit bag in your pals House colors- this can either be knitted, crocheted or sewn, but you must MAKE the bag!
2. Sock yarn in your pals house colors
3. A pair of new knitting needles
4. A set of stitch markers in your pals house colors - handmade or purchased
5. A sock pattern
6. 3rd and 4th years will include a small knitted item with their kit - House bookmark, cozy, or cell phone case for example. All in House colors, of course.
You may feel free to add whatever little items that you choose to make your package special for your pal.
Musts: For this swap you must have a blog hosted anywhere (It does not have to be a Blogspot blog - my personal blog is a WordPress blog), and you must post in your blog at least once a week. This is so that your partner will have peace of mind that you'll be around for the duration of the swap. You also have to acknowledge in a blog post when you've received your package from your swap partner within 3 days of receiving it.
Before signing up for the swap you must be sorted into one of Hogwarts four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Please look to the sidebar for links to the Sorting Hat.
I will need four people to volunteer as prefects. I'll need one for each House and your role is to simply act as the House Cheerleader. Visit blogs and answer questions that swap members may have. If a particular House has more than 25 members I'll need another prefect.
There will be three rounds of Quidditch during this swap. Quidditch consists of a trivia challenge, picture scavenger hunt, and a hunt for the Golden Snitch.
How to Join
Sign ups will be closed after the swap reaches 100 participants or by January
This IS a secret swap. So you will need to obtain an anonymous email address.
If you do not see your name listed in the side bar at least two days after you sign up, please email me to see what is going on at bordeaux700 AT yahoo DOT com.
More details about the swap to follow . . .